Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- About Me
- Book Write-Up: Faith of My Fathers, by Lynn Austin
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
- Plague and providence — Triablogue
- Federalist: It’s Not The Federal Government’s Fault New York Doesn’t Have More Ventilators, It’s Andrew Cuomo’s
Daily Archives: August 29, 2018
Paul Mojzes is professor emeritus of religious studies at Rosemont College, Rosemont, Pennsylvania, and coeditor of the Journal of Ecumenical Studies. His previous books include Balkan Genocides: Holocaust and Ethnic Cleansing in the Twentieth Century. *** A decade ago, when … Continue reading
On Labor Day Sunday I’m often called on to preach so that the official pastor can take time off. So it is again. But this is probably the last time I will preach for a while. The congregations that usually … Continue reading
Thinking About Pastor Andrew Stoecklein’s Suicide and its Spiritual Nature: Mental Health and Spiritual Realities in Confluence — The Evangelical Calvinist
Andrew Stoecklein, as many of us know by now, a thirty year old pastor in Chino, CA attempted suicide this last Friday; succumbing to his attempt the following day in the hospital. He leaves behind his wife, and three young … Continue reading