Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- The Death Penalty
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: August 25, 2018
T. M. Lemos is Associate Professor of Hebrew Bible at Huron University College and a member of the graduate school faculty at the University of Western Ontario. She earned her BA from Brown University in Judaic Studies and her PhD … Continue reading
via Do Humans Have Freewill?: What it Means to Be Free in Christ the King’s Economy Before God
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
I’m one of the editors of a series published by Baylor University Press: Library of Early Christology. The series largely consists of reprints of important publications of the distant or recent past. See…
“He wills that the bonds of love, like the tendrils of a vine, should attach us to our neighbors and make us rest on them”
Originally posted on Eclectic Orthodoxy:
You need only to look at the vine to be reminded of your own nature, that is, if you observe it intelligently. No doubt you remember the image used by the Lord in which he says…
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
A gushy article in my favorite newspaper announces the good news: there are states, the truly progressive ones, that are solving the opioid crisis! The more conservative, i.e. evil, states should learn how it’s…
Time for this week’s Current Events Write-Up. Townhall: “Murder by Government in Burma is the Definition of Genocide,” by Kerri Toloczo Toloczo criticizes the Obama Administration for doing nothing about this and expresses hope that President Trump will do something. … Continue reading