Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Book Write-Up: Jesus, by A.W. Tozer
- Bible Question: Why Didn't Joseph Contact Jacob?
- Psalm 5
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Daily Archives: August 22, 2018
Reading Acts If you are looking for some good resources on Second Temple Judaism, the New Testament and early Christianity (and do not mind kindle books) there are some great deals from two different publishers right now. First is James … Continue reading
Mark Leuchter in The Levites and the Boundaries of Israelite Identity comes to a final chapter about the way the Levites developed in the period after Ezra. Remember that he has traced the Levites through several roles. He thinks the … Continue reading
Retrieving the Modern Conception of God’s Being-in-Becoming For the Sake of the Church; For the Sake of Orthodoxy and Biblical Faithfulness — The Evangelical Calvinist
We will get back to the analogia entis and a doctrine of creation at a later date. In this post we will explore, briefly, a theology proper of God’s being-in-becoming within a dialectical theological frame. What I am going to … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference: I sat down to start working on this week’s World History and Cultures post at 2pm. It is now almost 5– that’s how long it took me to factcheck seventeen pages, not including writing this review. … Continue reading
Originally posted on Philosophy of Religion blog:
The Principle of Sufficient Reason (or PSR) states that everything that exists has an explanation for its existence. As Sean Carroll points out, “The PSR is kind of like that bumper sticker that…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Adventures in Spiritual Warfare, William P. Payne (Foreword by Charles H. Kraft). Eugene, OR: Resource Publications, 2018. Summary: A narrative of the author’s awakening to the reality of spiritual warfare and personal evil, and the…