Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- The Death Penalty
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- I Watched Gandhi Last Night
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: August 12, 2018
Originally posted on Biblical Studies Online:
On April 5, 2018, Professor David M. Carr (Union Theological Seminary) delivered the final lecture in the 2017-18 Killeen Chair of Theology and Philosophy lecture series, at St. Norbert College. David M. Carr, Ph.D., professor of…
Originally posted on Global Justice in the 21st Century:
The Future of NATO: An Interview with Daniel Falcone [Prefatory Note: An interview with Daniel Falcone on the future of NATO that considers Trump’s brazen challenges and the tepid responses…
Padre Quadrupani teaches that, since contrition is an act of the will, “sighs, tears, sensible sorrow are not necessary elements of true contrition.” Nevertheless, some degree of sorrow more often than not accompanies contrition and repentance. But good and useful … Continue reading
Originally posted on WINTERY KNIGHT:
Christianity and the progress of science Christian apologist Terrell Clemmons tweeted this testimony by Sarah Salviander, a research scientist in astronomy and astrophysics at the prestigious University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Salviander writes: I was born in…
Originally posted on Clarissa's Blog:
Ocasio-Cortez gets so much media attention because she, and people like her, are Republicans’ only hope of not losing the election in November. Republicans have absolutely no message of their own. None. Voters very…