A long time ago, there was a meme circulating among the biblioblogs about lost ancient sources that we wish we could recover, but I could not find some of these older posts when I typed this into a google search. I wonder what would be on your list (also note that I am not presuming any of these hypothetical sources exist but it would certainly shed some light if we discovered some source like them):
- J, E, D, and P or whatever lost sources underlie the Pentateuch?
- Q, M, L, other collections (sayings, pronouncement stories, miracles), signs source, passion narrative, the Logos hymn, proto-Gospels, or whatever sources underlie our New Testament Gospels?
- Lost Gospels such as the Gospel according to the Hebrews.
- Lost Epistles such as Paul’s “letter of tears” to the Corinthians or his letter to the Laodiceans.
- Lost Patristic sources such as the Exposition of the Oracles…
View original post 39 more words