Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Peck on the My Lai Massacre
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Samson: Good or Bad?
- Book Write-Up: Jesus and the Zealots, by S.G.F. Brandon
- “You just don’t understand!” — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe in the Holy Spirit…”
- What is Apostasy? Can you lose your salvation?
- Book Write-Up: Doing Theology with the Reformers, by Gerald L. Bray
- Were OT Jews indwelt by the Spirit? — Triablogue
- God, guns, and tipping-points — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: A Lutheran in Africa
- Declaring war on white nationalism — Triablogue
- “Race-traitors” — Triablogue
- Kamala’s Conundrum
Daily Archives: June 10, 2018
Demythologizing the Theology of Karl Barth: On the Unhistorical Nature of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ — The Evangelical Calvinist
I’m going to get back to posting more on Barth’s theology once again; and with that a series of posts, scattered about, on modern theology and the value I see in it for the evangelical churches. This will be the … Continue reading
During the Obama years, I criticized the President for various green-energy scams that squandered money and produced scandals such as Solyndra. And I also noted that many Republicans were happy to support corrupt subsidies to inefficient sources of energy so … Continue reading
I know a woman who was sexually harassed by her boss. She was a single mother of three and really struggling. He said if she didn’t sleep with him, he’d get her fired. When he failed to get her fired, … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference: After the destruction of Jerusalem, the Psalmist famously ends Psalm 137 with these disturbing lines: Remember, O Lord, against the Edomites the day of Jerusalem, how they said, “Lay it bare, lay it bare, down to … Continue reading