Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Blunt and Gentle Christians Respond
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Psalm 77
- Book Write-Up: The Character of God, by Jonathan G. East
- Church Write-Up: Vocation, the Greatest Commandment, Love
- Requiem for a Lightweight: the Mayor Pete Factor — CounterPunch.org
- Not Hopeful
- The Trump Rally
- Book Write-Up: Emotional Intelligence, by Diane Weston
- How to Get Your Readers to Pay Attention
- Eloquence — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Jesus as Revelation, When the Disciples Became Cleansed, Initiative
- Choosing a Candidate: Elizabeth Warren for President!
Monthly Archives: June 2018
Time for my weekly Current Events Write-Up! These are articles and opinion pieces that I found interesting, and I am sure there is another side to what they present. Townhall: “CFPB Settlement Threatens to Destabilize Student Loan Market,” by Shannon … Continue reading
Originally posted on International Liberty:
During the Obama years, I used data from the Minneapolis Federal Reserve to explain that the economic recovery was rather weak. And when people responded by pointing to a reasonably strong stock market, I expressed…
Originally posted on Bishop's Encyclopedia of Religion, Society and Philosophy:
Introduction This paper has several objectives. Through the Three Worlds of the Text criteria it examines the historical context of Isaiah, the Proto-Isaiah 2:6-22 pericope, and, finally, seeks to…
Is the Devil real; some refer to this as: is the Devil personal? Yes, I personally think the Devil is real. I can only arrive at this conclusion based upon the Dominical affirmation and teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ. … Continue reading
Owen Strachan and Douglas A. Sweeney. The Essential Jonathan Edwards: An Introduction to the Life and Teaching of America’s Greatest Theologian. Moody, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Owen Strachan teaches Christian theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Douglas … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bethany House Fiction:
Our question today is aimed especially at aspiring writers out there: “How many times does an author typically get their book turned down before getting it published for the first time?” To get the…
John Fea. Believe Me: The Evangelical Road to Donald Trump. William B. Eerdmans, 2018. See here to purchase the book. John Fea teaches American history at Messiah College. According to Fea, “On November 8, 2016, 81 percent of self-described white … Continue reading