Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Is Luke’s Silence Evidence of Ignorance? — Vridar
- Book Write-Up: The Fearful Master, by G. Edward Griffin
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Some New Arguments for the Principle of Sufficient Reason?
- Quadratus on Witnesses to Jesus
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Monthly Archives: June 2018
Time for my weekly Current Events Write-Up! These are articles and opinion pieces that I found interesting, and I am sure there is another side to what they present. Townhall: “CFPB Settlement Threatens to Destabilize Student Loan Market,” by Shannon … Continue reading
Originally posted on International Liberty:
During the Obama years, I used data from the Minneapolis Federal Reserve to explain that the economic recovery was rather weak. And when people responded by pointing to a reasonably strong stock market, I expressed…
Is the Devil real; some refer to this as: is the Devil personal? Yes, I personally think the Devil is real. I can only arrive at this conclusion based upon the Dominical affirmation and teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ. … Continue reading
Owen Strachan and Douglas A. Sweeney. The Essential Jonathan Edwards: An Introduction to the Life and Teaching of America’s Greatest Theologian. Moody, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Owen Strachan teaches Christian theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Douglas … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bethany House Fiction:
Our question today is aimed especially at aspiring writers out there: “How many times does an author typically get their book turned down before getting it published for the first time?” To get the…
John Fea. Believe Me: The Evangelical Road to Donald Trump. William B. Eerdmans, 2018. See here to purchase the book. John Fea teaches American history at Messiah College. According to Fea, “On November 8, 2016, 81 percent of self-described white … Continue reading
I am preaching this week. Occasionally congregations ask retired preachers to do this. In my case, I don’t encourage it. It still happens. I don’t mind doing it as long as it doesn’t become a long-term commitment. My text will … Continue reading
The No-God of Jordan Peterson: And the Conservative Evangelical’s Love Affair with Power in the Public Square — The Evangelical Calvinist
Jordan Peterson, that lightning bolt of a character these days, even for many Christians, just recently tweeted the following on his Twitter account: God is the mode of being you value the most as demonstrated or manifested in your presumption, … Continue reading
Dissertation Write-Ups: Circumcised Gentile Christians, Sabbath as Sanctuary, John’s High Christology
This is a Write-Up on things that I have read. Some of them I finished a while back. I am writing about them here to preserve a record of my reading. Dissertations: For a while, I was reading dissertations, as … Continue reading