Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- David Marshall: Christ in the Rig Veda?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: May 25, 2018
The resurrection of the dead is an important doctrine in the New Testament, but support for the doctrine in the Old Testament is ambiguous. In fact a some passages explicitly deny resurrection: The dead shall not live. The departed spirits … Continue reading
A Note on the Christian Conception of the Relationship Between Church and State: A Christopolitical Dispatch — The Evangelical Calvinist
Theo-politics have been somewhat of an uninterrogated reality for me. As a conservative evangelical, growing up, I sloppily and haphazardly went the way of the Republican party as “the lesser of two-evils” in our representative government in North America. As … Continue reading
Brian C. Stiller. From Jerusalem to Timbuktu: A World Tour of the Spread of Christianity. IVP Books, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Brian C. Stiller serves the World Evangelical Alliance as a global ambassador. He was President of … Continue reading