Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The "We-Passages"
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 2, 2018
Gnuse-purifying the northern tradition
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
Robert Karl Gnuse, in The Elohist proposes the theory that the Pentateuch source E was composed at Bethel after the Assyrian conquest of the Northern Kingdom and was addressed to the exiles the Assyrians had removed…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Gnuse-purifying the northern tradition
The Apostle Paul’s Apocalyptic Vision of the World Constituted by the Living Christ: In Dialogue with Bonhoeffer — The Evangelical Calvinist
Pauline, and thus canonical apocalyptic theology fits where I am at to a T. Philip Ziegler continues to unpack for us what such theology looks like in its various iterations scattered throughout the theological past and present. Here he is … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on The Apostle Paul’s Apocalyptic Vision of the World Constituted by the Living Christ: In Dialogue with Bonhoeffer — The Evangelical Calvinist
Church Write-Up: Whatsoever You Ask; Prayer to Action; Manifestation
A. At the Missouri Synod Lutheran church, the pastor preached about John 15, in which Jesus compares himself to the vine and his disciples to the branches. V 16 states: “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Uncategorized Comments Off on Church Write-Up: Whatsoever You Ask; Prayer to Action; Manifestation