Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Dissertation Write-Ups: Circumcised Gentile Christians, Sabbath as Sanctuary, John's High Christology
- Matthew 11:28-12:14: Jesus and the Sabbath
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- John MacArthur on the American Revolution, Voting
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Monthly Archives: May 2018
Its been a while since I had a look at how Brexit is going. It seems as though all the forces of the Establishment are being gathered to try and prevent any meaningful Brexit – which would be a shame … Continue reading
Tremper Longman III and John H. Walton. The Lost World of the Flood: Mythology, Theology, and the Deluge Debate. IVP Academic, 2018. See here to purchase the book. Tremper Longman III and John H. Walton are scholars of the Hebrew … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference: Right from the earliest days, there have always been disagreements within the christian community. Some are resolved, but some lead to major splits, new denominations or new doctrinal positions. I have the feeling that a major, … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference and for the information, not total agreement: America has a major dependency problem. In recent decades, there’s been a significant increase in the number of working-age adults relying on handouts. This is bad news for poor … Continue reading
Originally posted on Human Action and God:
A Facebook friend shared this video with me. About 42 minutes into the video, Francis A Schaeffer explains how his apologetic method differs from that of his teacher, Cornelius van Til.
Here is my Write-Up about last Sunday’s church services and events. A. The pastor at the Missouri Synod Lutheran church covered some of the same ground about Isaiah 6 that he discussed in the Wednesday Bible study, which I talk … Continue reading
Reblogging for future reference: This is from the blog Common Sense Atheism. Atheist Luke Muehlhauser interviews well-respect cosmologist Luke Barnes about the fine-tuning argument, and the naturalistic response to it. Luke M. did a good job explaining what was in … Continue reading
I continue to read Karl Barth; you might wonder why (or you might not). After I wrote those series of posts—that created a firestorm directed at me—the posts that spoke to Barth’s relationship with Charlotte Von Kirschbaum for most of … Continue reading
At Bible study last Wednesday, at the Missouri Synod Lutheran church, the pastor talked about Isaiah 6. Isaiah 6 is a text that is read on Trinity Sunday, which is this coming Sunday. The pastor gave us a history of … Continue reading