Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Essays I'll Need to Revisit
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: April 12, 2018
The Kingdom of God is “Within your reach”
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
It’s amazing how slowly the work of papyrologists influences the work of other scholars. Here’s an example. In Luke 17:20-21, Pharisees ask Jesus when the kingdom of God will come, and Jesus responds…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on The Kingdom of God is “Within your reach”
Faith and Healing in Jesus’ Ministry: Nabeel Qureshi and Healing, Part 8 — Bowman on Target: Rob Bowman’s Blog
Part 1 of this series, “A Failed Experiment,” provides the necessary background and explains my purpose in critiquing the late Nabeel Qureshi’s views on healing. In at least three of Nabeel Qureshi’s vlogs, he spent some time commenting on the … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Faith and Healing in Jesus’ Ministry: Nabeel Qureshi and Healing, Part 8 — Bowman on Target: Rob Bowman’s Blog
26 Tips to Writing Badly — Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D.
Writing badly comes naturally to most, but these tips will help you become awesome in your epic badness. Don’t proofe read . Who cares what the difference is between a semicolon and a comma? Use common terms over and over, … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on 26 Tips to Writing Badly — Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D.
Gnuse-the road from Carmel to Horeb
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
In The Elohist, Robert Karl Gnuse presents a distinctive theory that much of the prophetic material—material about Samuel, Elijah, and Elisha—in Samuel and Kings comes from the same northern Israelite circle as does the E material…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Gnuse-the road from Carmel to Horeb