Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- The Death Penalty
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Monthly Archives: April 2018
Roger Olson: Was James Cone a Prophet?
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Roger Olson: Was James Cone a Prophet?
Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream — Wascana Fellowship
Reblogging for future reference: Not long ago a friend suggested I watch an hour-long documentary titled king Nebuchadnezzar, The Forgotten Dream on YouTube. The documentary provides good background to the dating of the events the second chapter of the biblical … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream — Wascana Fellowship
Who is the “Great Whore of Babylon”? Revelation 17:1-18
Reading Acts The woman in Revelation 17 is riding a “scarlet beast.” We might have expected to see the beast himself, or the king who represents the beast. Rather than the king, we see a prostitute riding a scarlet beast. … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Who is the “Great Whore of Babylon”? Revelation 17:1-18
Assuming the exodus happened–where and when?
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
They traveled from Etham, and turned back to Pihahiroth, which is before Baal Zephon: and they encamped before Migdol (Numbers 33:7 WEB). Before I move on to more about the books I have been reading by…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Assuming the exodus happened–where and when?
Is Alexander Hamilton the Real Libertarian Hero, not Thomas Jefferson?
Originally posted on International Liberty:
Like many libertarians, I’ve always assumed that Thomas Jefferson was one of the best Founding Fathers. He certainly was an advocate of liberty and I’ve cited him several times (see here, here, here, here, here,…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Is Alexander Hamilton the Real Libertarian Hero, not Thomas Jefferson?
Church Write-Up: Spring Prayer Retreat 2018
I will write my Church Write-Up about the Sunday services this coming Wednesday. In this post, I will write about a prayer retreat that I attended last Saturday morning. It was at the Missouri Synod Lutheran church that I have … Continue reading
Responding to the Claim that James Cone Didn’t Know Christ — The Evangelical Calvinist
In case you hadn’t heard yet, James Cone died today. He was known for his groundbreaking work in the area of what has come to be called Black Liberation Theology. There has been a lot of critique of BLT from … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Responding to the Claim that James Cone Didn’t Know Christ — The Evangelical Calvinist
Physicist Victor Stenger debates William Lane Craig: Does God Exist?
Originally posted on WINTERY KNIGHT:
This debate took place on March 1, 2010 at Oregon State University. In this debate, Victor Stenger does affirm his belief that the universe could be eternal in his second rebuttal (1:02:30), thus denying the…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Physicist Victor Stenger debates William Lane Craig: Does God Exist?
Revelation 14:8 – The Message of the Second Angel
Reading Acts Revelation 14:8 A second angel followed and said, “Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries.” This verse is interesting because John finally names the kingdom of the beast: … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Revelation 14:8 – The Message of the Second Angel
A Bibliography on Jesus Walking on Water
Originally posted on The Jesus Memoirs:
I have been researching the episode about Jesus walking on water in Mark 6:45-52 and parallels lately. Since it is relevant to the wider discussion this month about Christology, especially as this passage is…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on A Bibliography on Jesus Walking on Water