Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: March 29, 2018
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
While I have always thought of Jude as rather late (post 70 at least, if not in the 90’s), there are good reasons to date the book earlier. In his WBC volume on Jude and 2 Peter,…
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
I hope that readers will forgive my rather immodest notice yesterday of Tom Holland’s (postive) review of Bart Ehrman’s new book, The Triumph of Christianity, in The Spectator, immodest because the review includes also…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
A Force So Swift, Kevin Peraino. New York: Crown, 2017. Summary: A study of how the Truman adminstration, under Secretary of State Dean Acheson, framed America’s response to the rise of Mao as the Nationalist…
Melissa Jagears. A Chance at Forever. Bethany House, 2018. See here to buy the book. A Chance at Forever is the third book in Melissa Jagear’s “Teaville Moral Society” series. The series is about a moral society in Teaville, Kansas. … Continue reading
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
The Rule Of St. Benedict In English, edited by Timothy Fry As a reader, I must admit that aside from my passionate interest in the Brother Cadfael series of history novels , and the…