Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 15, 2018
Dead Sea Scrolls Fragments of Dubious Authenticity
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
In November last year, the popular press featured news of scholarly doubts about the authenticity of many of the numerous putative scroll fragments from the Dead Sea area that had come on the…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Dead Sea Scrolls Fragments of Dubious Authenticity
Responding to Malicious Attacks – 1 Peter 3:8-12
Reblogging for future reference. Reading Acts Since Peter’s audience is about to face persecution, he tells them how they are to respond to attacks on their faith. Most scholars think that the kind of persecution that Christians faced in Asia … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Responding to Malicious Attacks – 1 Peter 3:8-12
Church Write-Up: Works, and Galatians
I went to the Missouri Synod Lutheran church’s weekly Lenten service. The pastor opened with an anecdote about his father. His father worked for a Kleenex company as a supervisor. The father would leave at 5:00 AM, before the pastor … Continue reading
Posted in Church Comments Off on Church Write-Up: Works, and Galatians