Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Booknotes: In Trump We Trust, Resistance Is Futile, Godless (Ann Coulter)
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: March 14, 2018
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Faith Unexpected, Rick Mattson. St. Paul, MN: Pavement Publishing, 2018. Summary: The stories of ten people from diverse backgrounds who never expected to find faith in Christ and how they found the unexpected. For…
Reading Acts Peter concludes the ethical section of the letter with a description of what the Christian community ought to look like (v. 8). All five of these phrases are single words in Greek, and are rare outside of this … Continue reading
Christopher A. Hall. Living Wisely with the Church Fathers. IVP Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Christopher A. Hall has a doctorate from Drew University, directs the Renovare Institute of Christian Spiritual Formation, and is associate editor of … Continue reading