Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The "We-Passages"
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 12, 2018
Review: American Academic Cultures
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
American Academic Cultures, Paul H. Mattingly. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2017. Summary: Traces the history and development of higher education in the United States as a succession of seven “generational cultures,” using examples of…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Review: American Academic Cultures
Slaves and Wives – 1 Peter 2:18-3:7 (Part 3)
Reading Acts When Peter begins to address wives in the congregation, his focus is on how the outsiders understand the Christian wife. The situation in view in 3:1 is of a wife who has come to Christ, but her husband … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Slaves and Wives – 1 Peter 2:18-3:7 (Part 3)
Church Write-Up: The Way, and the Timeless Afterlife
It is late right now, so my Church Write-Up will be terse. A. At the Missouri Synod Lutheran church, the main Scriptural text was John 14:6: “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no … Continue reading
Posted in Church Comments Off on Church Write-Up: The Way, and the Timeless Afterlife