Cardinal Manning lists the seven capital sins: “First of all there is pride, which separates the soul from God; secondly, there is envy, or jealousy, which separates a man from his neighbour; thirdly, there is sloth, which is a burden pressing down the powers of man, so that he becomes weary of his duty towards […]
Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- What's Going On?
- Patterns of Evidence (the Exodus), Part 2
- Did the Author of Matthew Intend to Imply that the Disciple Matthew Was the Brother of James son of Alphaeus? — Κέλσος
- Book Write-Up: Wheels of Wisdom
- Helpful Collectivity
- Antifa: A Case Study In The Ignorance Of History
- Leuchter-the penknife and the sunken book — theoutwardquest
- Monday Link Encyclopedia
- Shalmaneser III’s Prayer to Mulissu
- Biblical Tongues and Modern Glossolalia: From Pentecost to Pentecostalism
- Church Write-Up: Despairing Elijah, Worship After Justice, Home for Unwed Mothers
- David M. Carr: Beyond Original Sin: Genesis on the Emergence of True Adulthood