Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Death Penalty
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Connie Marshner, Part 2
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 23:6 and Psalm 40
- Booknotes: In Trump We Trust, Resistance Is Futile, Godless (Ann Coulter)
- Current Events Write-Up: Deficit Non-Disaster; Unafraid Phyllis; Norma McCorvey; Trump’s New Press Secretary
- Book Write-Up: The Facts about Communism and Our Churches, by Billy James Hargis
- Current Events Write-Up: Solutions, Public Transit, Ahmaud Arbery, Safe Haven, Foreign Aid, Mrs. America
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 41 and 23:5a
- “Ask China” — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies’ Story, by Martin Dies
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 51; Rod and Staff
Monthly Archives: December 2017
In my post, R.C. Sproul Memories, I mentioned a book that the late R.C. Sproul wrote entitled The Psychology of Atheism, which atheist biblical scholar Robert M. Price actually praised (see here). I included a link to a series of … Continue reading
Originally posted on Enough Light:
There are different types of people out there, and some think it is rather odd to share a list of books of read for the year. “Who cares?” However, please know, that among readers, sharing…
Originally posted on The Book of Doctrines and Opinions::
Why do we not see God anymore? Why does He not walk around our neighborhoods the way He did in the Bible? Why do Biblical figures not ask what the law…
Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky. Probing. Bethany House, 2017. See here to buy the book. Probing is the third volume of the “Harbingers” series. As in the first and second volumes, authors Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Choosing Donald Trump, Stephen Mansfield. Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 2017. Summary: Written just after the election of Donald J. Trump to the presidency, this book explores his character and formative influences, what his appeal…
Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston, Kelly Irvin, and Ruth Reid. An Amish Christmas Love: Four Novellas. Thomas Nelson, 2017. See here to buy the book. I will not post this review on Amazon, so it will be more informal than the … Continue reading
I went to the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church on Christmas Day. The pastor shared that he was in the process of editing his father-in-law’s old sermons, and he came across a story in one of them. In this story, the … Continue reading