Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Matthew 12:22-37: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit
- Book Write-Up: The Old Testament Case for Nonviolence
- The Elephants in the Room: Rapid Migration and Recolonization of the Earth Following a Global Flood
- Book Write-Up: Unimaginable, by Jeremiah J. Johnston
- Church Write-Up: Is Christianity Necessary?
- The Power of the Word
- Book Write-Up: Vindicating the Vixens
- Movie Write-Up (Loosely-Speaking): The Last Jedi
- Church Write-Up: Rationalizing; How Foreign?; a Different Justice; Jacob; God Fighting Battles; Planned Job
- Book Write-Up: Reformation Commentary on Scripture (Hebrews, James)
- Book Review: John Barclay, Pauline Churches and Diaspora Jews
Monthly Archives: December 2017
In my post, R.C. Sproul Memories, I mentioned a book that the late R.C. Sproul wrote entitled The Psychology of Atheism, which atheist biblical scholar Robert M. Price actually praised (see here). I included a link to a series of … Continue reading
Originally posted on Enough Light:
There are different types of people out there, and some think it is rather odd to share a list of books of read for the year. “Who cares?” However, please know, that among readers, sharing…
Originally posted on The Book of Doctrines and Opinions::
Why do we not see God anymore? Why does He not walk around our neighborhoods the way He did in the Bible? Why do Biblical figures not ask what the law…
Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky. Probing. Bethany House, 2017. See here to buy the book. Probing is the third volume of the “Harbingers” series. As in the first and second volumes, authors Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Choosing Donald Trump, Stephen Mansfield. Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 2017. Summary: Written just after the election of Donald J. Trump to the presidency, this book explores his character and formative influences, what his appeal…
Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston, Kelly Irvin, and Ruth Reid. An Amish Christmas Love: Four Novellas. Thomas Nelson, 2017. See here to buy the book. I will not post this review on Amazon, so it will be more informal than the … Continue reading
I went to the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church on Christmas Day. The pastor shared that he was in the process of editing his father-in-law’s old sermons, and he came across a story in one of them. In this story, the … Continue reading