Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Monthly Archives: December 2017
In my post, R.C. Sproul Memories, I mentioned a book that the late R.C. Sproul wrote entitled The Psychology of Atheism, which atheist biblical scholar Robert M. Price actually praised (see here). I included a link to a series of … Continue reading
Originally posted on Enough Light:
There are different types of people out there, and some think it is rather odd to share a list of books of read for the year. “Who cares?” However, please know, that among readers, sharing…
Originally posted on The Book of Doctrines and Opinions::
Why do we not see God anymore? Why does He not walk around our neighborhoods the way He did in the Bible? Why do Biblical figures not ask what the law…
Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky. Probing. Bethany House, 2017. See here to buy the book. Probing is the third volume of the “Harbingers” series. As in the first and second volumes, authors Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Choosing Donald Trump, Stephen Mansfield. Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 2017. Summary: Written just after the election of Donald J. Trump to the presidency, this book explores his character and formative influences, what his appeal…
Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston, Kelly Irvin, and Ruth Reid. An Amish Christmas Love: Four Novellas. Thomas Nelson, 2017. See here to buy the book. I will not post this review on Amazon, so it will be more informal than the … Continue reading
I went to the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church on Christmas Day. The pastor shared that he was in the process of editing his father-in-law’s old sermons, and he came across a story in one of them. In this story, the … Continue reading
Originally posted on The 365 Days Without Facebook Challenge:
It feels like I’m finding my footing now that I’ve been out of the social media game a little over 3 months.? I’m starting to feel like myself again – which is…
For church on Christmas Eve morning, I went to the 9 A.M. service at what I call the “Word of Faith” church. The Missouri Synod Lutheran church was having a 10 A.M. service, rather than its usual 8:30 A.M. traditional … Continue reading