Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- About Me
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Beginning Carson's Exegetical Fallacies
- Book Write-Up: Jesus Behaving Badly, by Mark L. Strauss
- Church Write-Up: Mark 9-10 and Becoming Like a Child
- Book Review: Basic Economics (1)
- Book Review: Basic Economics
- Book Write-Up: Trinity without Hierarchy
- Church Write-Up: God’s Persistent Love; Immediately After Death
- A Brief Review of “Safe People” by Cloud and Townsend
- Book Write-Up: The Transparent Cabal, by Stephen J. Sniegoski
- Book Write-Up: The Trinity and Martin Luther, by Christine Helmer
- Book Write-Up: The Supremacists, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: The Banquet Invitation
Monthly Archives: November 2017
One person’s honest opinion. I’m not in total agreement, but I can understand this reaction.
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
Plain Meethinghouses: Lancaster County Old Order Mennonites Gather To Worship, by Beth Oberholtzer, photos by John Herr [Note: This book was provided free of charge by Edelweiss/Schiffer Publishing. All thoughts and opinions are my…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center [CC BY 2.0] via Flickr Ross Douthat, in an op-ed piece in the New York Times titled “Is There an Evangelical Crisis?” proposed that evangelical intellectuals and writers and their…
Originally posted on Laura Droege's blog:
Recently, I’ve been re-reading the book of Job. I’ve read it before–that’s what happens when you attend Christians schools, church, and Sunday school for several decades–but I hadn’t picked it apart and thoroughly…
Julianna Deering. Death at Thorburn Hall. Bethany House, 2017. See here to buy the book. This is Book 6 of the Drew Farthering Mysteries. It is also the first Drew Farthering book that I have read. There were details of … Continue reading
Originally posted on International Liberty:
Using comparative bar charts, I’ve analyzed the economic policies of Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, and Richard Nixon. My basic conclusion was that economic policy moved in the right direction…
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
Because of these descriptions, scholars have tried to explain these false teachers in several ways: Some have connected the false teachers with either the followers of Marcion (explaining why Marcion would not have accepted the…