Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Charles Taylor’s A Secular Age as a Background to Study of C.S. Lewis — A Pilgrim in Narnia
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 5, 2017
Indoctrination or exploration?
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Indoctrination or exploration?
Originally posted on The Jesus Memoirs:
Reception “This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you…” (2 Peter 3:1) “And the same writer [Papias of Hierapolis] uses testimonies from the first Epistle of John and from that…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on First Peter
Murphy-O’Connor-appreciation and caveat
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I’ve completed Jerome Murphy-O’Connor’s Paul: A Critical Life. It was a great read. He used his vast knowledge of the 1st century Hellenistic world to flesh out Paul’s life. There was much in the book that…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Murphy-O’Connor-appreciation and caveat