Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Stephen King's Method in IT
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- The Elephants in the Room: Rapid Migration and Recolonization of the Earth Following a Global Flood
- Book Write-Up: Unimaginable, by Jeremiah J. Johnston
- Church Write-Up: Is Christianity Necessary?
- The Power of the Word
- Book Write-Up: Vindicating the Vixens
- Movie Write-Up (Loosely-Speaking): The Last Jedi
- Church Write-Up: Rationalizing; How Foreign?; a Different Justice; Jacob; God Fighting Battles; Planned Job
- Book Write-Up: Reformation Commentary on Scripture (Hebrews, James)
- Book Review: John Barclay, Pauline Churches and Diaspora Jews
- Church Write-Up: New Years Eve 2017
Monthly Archives: October 2017
For church last Sunday, I attended the church that I call the “Word of Faith” church, as well as a Missouri-Synod Lutheran church. A common subject in both services was God’s grace, as in God’s unmerited favor towards people. The … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
Here is hat tip to James Bradford Pate of James’ Ramblings for a link to this paper by a Jewish author drawing back a bit from the view that the New Testament book of Hebrews supports replacement…
October is my month of talking about Spiritual Healing. This is part of my Year of Healing, in which I tackle different topics of healing each month. During October, I will introduce you to the topics of unhealthy spirituality, spiritual … Continue reading
I read Walden and Civil Disobedience, by Henry David Thoreau. Both works were in a Signet Classics edition. There was also an afterword by Perry Miller, with whom I am familiar on account of his work on the Puritans. Some … Continue reading
I did not go to church last Sunday morning, since there were forecasts of heavy rain. Instead, I watched Charles Stanley’s “In Touch” program, and Bobby Schuller’s “Hour of Power.” That afternoon, I went to a seminar on conflict resolution, … Continue reading
Craig Shirley. Citizen Newt: The Making of a Reagan Conservative. Nelson Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Craig Shirley is renowned for his books about Ronald Reagan. I first heard of him when I was watching a panel … Continue reading
Brian Zahnd. Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God: The Scandalous Truth of the Very Good News. Waterbrook, 2017. See here to buy the book. Brian Zahnd is founder and pastor of Word of Life Church, which is in … Continue reading