Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Movie Write-Up: God's Not Dead 2
- Book Write-Up: The Scripture Way of Salvation
- Bible Question: Why Didn't Joseph Contact Jacob?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: September 5, 2017
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Paradoxology, Krish Kandiah. Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, 2017. Summary: Argues that the seeming contradictions that leave many questioning the truth of Christianity are actually the points where Christian faith comes alive and addresses the depths…
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
The Collected Poems Of Emily Dickinson, by Emily Dickinson with introduction and notes by Rachel Wetzsteon In high school I had to interpret a poem by Emily Dickinson (not included in this volume) as…
Regular readers know that most of my posts here are thicker in theology or philosophy (or I’ve fooled them into thinking so), but there are times when I do have “pastoral” thoughts or practical moments. These times don’t happen often, … Continue reading
William Gurnall. Daily Readings from The Christian in Complete Armour. Ed., James S. Bell, Jr. Moody Publishers, 1994. See here to purchase the book. William Gurnall was a Puritan pastor who lived in seventeenth century England. His work, The … Continue reading