Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Accused
- Review: Ancient Gospel or Modern Forgery?: The Secret Gospel of Mark in Debate: Proceedings from the 2011 York University Christian Apocrypha Symposium
- The Original Sign of Immanuel (Isaiah 7:1-14)
- “Without love my confession of the name of Christ even by shedding my blood or offering my body to be burnt will avail me nothing”
- A Personal Reflection on RC Sproul’s Impact — The Evangelical Calvinist
- Matthew 1:18-23 – The Sign of Immanuel
- Book Write-Up: MUSLIM, by Hank Hanegraaff
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
Monthly Archives: July 2017
For church last Sunday morning, I went to the “Pen Church,” an evangelical church where I get a free pen every time I attend. The preacher was the pastor’s father-in-law, who used to pastor the church. What I will do … Continue reading
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
What makes a blog interesting and worthy of discussion? I have done a lot of blogging in my life, and seen and known a lot of bloggers. Some of the people I know who…
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I have read some books about King David. Some of them treat him as an elusive historical figure. Some treat him more as a literary invention. This has caused me to focus on the question of…
Book Review – The Righteousness of God: A Lexical Examination of the Covenant-Faithfulness Interpretation (Charles Lee Irons)
Charles Lee Irons. The Righteousness of God: A Lexical Examination of the Covenant-Faithfulness Interpretation. Tubingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2015. 540 pp. $135.00. The Righteousness of God is the published form of Irons’s 2011 dissertation at Fuller Theological Seminary under Donald Hagner, with Seyoon…
Charles Carrin. Spirit-Empowered Theology. Chosen, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Charles Carrin is a minister. He has a D.D., and his education was from the University of Georgia and Columbia Theological Seminary. Spirit-Powered Theology is a book that … Continue reading
For church Sunday morning, I attended what I call the “Pen church” (since I receive a free pen when I go there). The pastor started a six-week series entitled “No Perfect People Allowed.” That is the motto of the church, … Continue reading