Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Gratitude and Robinson Crusoe
- Book Write-Up: Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God
- Church Write-Up: The Sin Unto Death
- Book Write-Up: Seeking Refuge
- Thoughts about the opposition to Paul
- Real Christianity by William Wilberforce, book review
- Sometimes Eternity Ain’t Forever: Aiónios and the Universalist Hope
- Jews, Kurds, and a weird coincidence
- Church Write-Up: Finding One’s Calling
- Second Peter
- Book Write-Up: Answering the Toughest Questions about Suffering and Evil
Daily Archives: April 21, 2017
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
An interesting passage in Philo of Alexandria, Embassy to Gaius (110-14) casts possible light on Paul’s reference to Christ as “being in the form of God/a god” (ἐν μορφῇ θεοῦ ὑπάρχων; Philippians 2:6).…
I went to two church services on Easter Sunday. The first was the 8:30 am traditional service at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The second was a United Methodist church service. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I was … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Jesus Memoirs:
Gerd Theissen defends the existence of a Passion source in chapter 4 “A Major Narrative Unit (the Passion Story) and the Jerusalem Community in the Years 40-50 CE” in The Gospels in Context (London & New York: T&T Clark, 1992),…