Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Accused
- Review: Ancient Gospel or Modern Forgery?: The Secret Gospel of Mark in Debate: Proceedings from the 2011 York University Christian Apocrypha Symposium
- The Original Sign of Immanuel (Isaiah 7:1-14)
- “Without love my confession of the name of Christ even by shedding my blood or offering my body to be burnt will avail me nothing”
- A Personal Reflection on RC Sproul’s Impact — The Evangelical Calvinist
- Matthew 1:18-23 – The Sign of Immanuel
- Book Write-Up: MUSLIM, by Hank Hanegraaff
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
Daily Archives: April 21, 2017
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
An interesting passage in Philo of Alexandria, Embassy to Gaius (110-14) casts possible light on Paul’s reference to Christ as “being in the form of God/a god” (ἐν μορφῇ θεοῦ ὑπάρχων; Philippians 2:6).…
I went to two church services on Easter Sunday. The first was the 8:30 am traditional service at a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The second was a United Methodist church service. Here are some of my thoughts: A. I was … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Jesus Memoirs:
Gerd Theissen defends the existence of a Passion source in chapter 4 “A Major Narrative Unit (the Passion Story) and the Jerusalem Community in the Years 40-50 CE” in The Gospels in Context (London & New York: T&T Clark, 1992),…