Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Accused
- Review: Ancient Gospel or Modern Forgery?: The Secret Gospel of Mark in Debate: Proceedings from the 2011 York University Christian Apocrypha Symposium
- The Original Sign of Immanuel (Isaiah 7:1-14)
- “Without love my confession of the name of Christ even by shedding my blood or offering my body to be burnt will avail me nothing”
- A Personal Reflection on RC Sproul’s Impact — The Evangelical Calvinist
- Matthew 1:18-23 – The Sign of Immanuel
- Book Write-Up: MUSLIM, by Hank Hanegraaff
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
Daily Archives: April 4, 2017
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
? The Merneptah Stele (originally at Wikipedia) In a 2015 article written by Christoph Uehlinger, he questions how scholars who study ancient Israel think about ancient Israelite religion within its larger southern Levantine and…
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I am going to reverse Jon Levenson’s final chapter in his The Love of God and start at the end. The chapter is about the problem of how the love of God relates to modernity. He discusses how more…
Matthew W. Bates. Salvation by Allegiance Alone: Rethinking Faith, Works, and the Gospel of Jesus the King. Baker Academic, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Matthew W. Bates has a doctorate from the University of Notre Dame and teaches … Continue reading