Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Christmas Wish
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
- (Some) Best Academic Books of 2017
- Book Write-Up: Moving from Broken to Beautiful Through Grief
- Friedman-did God evolve?
- Church Write-Up: Snakes with Legs; Luke’s Census; Shepherds; Dominion; Healing Atonement; Advent; “Let Me Out”; the Way to Repentance
- Guest Blog by Michael Kok: The Tradition about the Apostle and Evangelist John
Daily Archives: April 1, 2017
Barbara Graziosi. The Gods of Olympus: A History. New York: Metropolitan Books, 2014. See here to purchase the book. Barbara Graziosi is a scholar in classics. The Gods of Olympus concerns views about the Greek gods throughout history. Here are … Continue reading
Originally posted on Edge Induced Cohesion:
Behind The Scenes, by Jen Turano [Note: This book was provided free of charge by Bethany House. All thoughts and opinions are my own.] Having read novels by this author before  and at…
At church last Sunday, the pastor continued his series on prayer. His Scriptural text was Jesus’ parable about the persistent widow (Luke 18:1-8), who continually pleaded with the unjust judge until he granted her what she needed. The pastor told … Continue reading