Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God
- Church Write-Up: The Sin Unto Death
- Book Write-Up: Seeking Refuge
- Thoughts about the opposition to Paul
- Real Christianity by William Wilberforce, book review
- Sometimes Eternity Ain’t Forever: Aiónios and the Universalist Hope
- Jews, Kurds, and a weird coincidence
- Church Write-Up: Finding One’s Calling
- Second Peter
- Book Write-Up: Answering the Toughest Questions about Suffering and Evil
Monthly Archives: April 2017
J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig. Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview. IVP Academic, 2003. See here to purchase the book. J.P. Moreland and William Lane Craig are reputable philosophers and apologists. This book, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
John Barclay, in his lecture on Grace and Salvation in Galatians and Romans, first gives us his view of Galatians. He is speaking largely to Italian priests and scholars, so he uses an analogy about the change in currency. Not so…
Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky. Invitation. Bethany House Publishers, 2017. See here to buy the book. Authors Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky have teamed up to write the “Harbinger” series. This book, … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I went to the traditional Lutheran service. The service focused on John 20:21-23, in which the risen Christ interacts with his disciples. The passage states: “Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as … Continue reading
I recently read the Tao Te Ching. The version that I read was Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations. Dyer draws from a variety of English translations. The book … Continue reading
I only have one article that I want to share for my Current Events Write-Up this week. Townhall: Lassie Come Home, by Ann Coulter. Conservative columnist Ann Coulter criticizes President Trump’s bombing of Syria, and she expresses reservations about war … Continue reading