Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Nugget Christianity; Right, Yet Sinful
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Conservatism and Distributism
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
Monthly Archives: March 2017
Cottie Burland. North American Indian Mythology. Paul Hamlyn, 1965, 1970. I checked this book out from the library. Lately, I have been reading about different religions, such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism. Their overlaps with Christianity have stood out to … Continue reading
Michael Hicks Thompson. The Actress. Shepherd King Publishing, 2017. See here to buy the book. The Actress is the sequel to Michael Hicks Thompson’s The Rector. The setting is still 1950’s Solo, Mississippi. Hollywood people, including the famous actress Tallulah … Continue reading
Ronald Beckham. Achaia: The Days of Noah. WestBow Press, 2016. See here to buy the book. Achaia is largely set in antediluvian times, but it ends with the Flood. Ronald Beckham depicts the antediluvian period as one of technological advancement. … Continue reading
Tracie Peterson. Treasured Grace. Bethany House, 2017. See here to buy the book. Treasured Grace is set in the mid- to late-1800s. Grace Martindale’s husband, a harsh pastor, has recently died. Grace and her sisters Hope and Mercy travel west, … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Jesus Memoirs:
The Gospel of Matthew Authorship: External Evidence “Now this is reported by Papias about Mark, but about Matthew this was said, Now Matthew compiled the reports [or “oracles”] in a Hebrew manner of speech,…
I have two items for my Church Write-Up this week. A. Last Sunday, I visited a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. The theme of the service was lament. Preaching about Psalm 31:9-16, the pastor said that the Psalmist offers to God … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I am reading and blogging about Jon Levenson’s book, The Love of God. Levenson deals with midrash and other interpretations of the Bible in rabbinic writings. I don’t know a lot about rabbinic thought. Some of…
John J. Bombaro and Adam S. Francisco. The Resurrection Fact: Responding to Modern Critics. New Reformation Publications, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Allow me to quote the description of the book on Amazon, before I offer my thoughts … Continue reading
Michael Wear. Reclaiming Hope: Lessons Learned in the Obama White House about the Future of Faith in America. Nelson Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Michael Wear was a staffer in the Obama Administration. The inside flap of … Continue reading