Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Christmas Wish
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Mesothelioma: Virgil's Story
- Book review: Disarming Scripture
- Church Write-Up: Tragedy and Humility
- Friedman-did love really trump hate?
- Writing tips
- Do something novel, sing in church!
- (Some) Best Academic Books of 2017
- Book Write-Up: Moving from Broken to Beautiful Through Grief
- Friedman-did God evolve?
- Church Write-Up: Snakes with Legs; Luke’s Census; Shepherds; Dominion; Healing Atonement; Advent; “Let Me Out”; the Way to Repentance
- Guest Blog by Michael Kok: The Tradition about the Apostle and Evangelist John
Monthly Archives: March 2017
Cottie Burland. North American Indian Mythology. Paul Hamlyn, 1965, 1970. I checked this book out from the library. Lately, I have been reading about different religions, such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism. Their overlaps with Christianity have stood out to … Continue reading
Michael Hicks Thompson. The Actress. Shepherd King Publishing, 2017. See here to buy the book. The Actress is the sequel to Michael Hicks Thompson’s The Rector. The setting is still 1950’s Solo, Mississippi. Hollywood people, including the famous actress Tallulah … Continue reading
Ronald Beckham. Achaia: The Days of Noah. WestBow Press, 2016. See here to buy the book. Achaia is largely set in antediluvian times, but it ends with the Flood. Ronald Beckham depicts the antediluvian period as one of technological advancement. … Continue reading
Tracie Peterson. Treasured Grace. Bethany House, 2017. See here to buy the book. Treasured Grace is set in the mid- to late-1800s. Grace Martindale’s husband, a harsh pastor, has recently died. Grace and her sisters Hope and Mercy travel west, … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Jesus Memoirs:
The Gospel of Matthew Authorship: External Evidence “Now this is reported by Papias about Mark, but about Matthew this was said, Now Matthew compiled the reports [or “oracles”] in a Hebrew manner of speech,…