Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Christmas Wish
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- About Me
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Taking Stock: One Year After Trump
- Review: The Way of Hope
- Book Write-Up: Is This the End?, by David Jeremiah
- When Suffering Turns Your World Upside Down
- Carr-Paul, trauma, and zeal
- Church Write-Up: Surprised Not Shocked; Imputed or Practical?; Avoiding Hell by Productivity?
- Book Review: The Scandal Of Redemption
- Carr-trauma, atonement, and the Jesus Jews
- Book Write-Up: The Miracle Worker and the Misfits
- Fictional Characters Who Appear Even in Historical Literature
Monthly Archives: February 2017
Tessa Afshar. Bread of Angels. Tyndale House Publishers, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Bread of Angels concerns the events of Acts 16. In Acts 16, we meet Lydia, who sold purple. Lydia was a worshiper of God, probably … Continue reading
Charles Dyer and Mark Tobey. Clash of Kingdoms: What the Bible Says About Russia, Isis, Iran, and the End Times. Nashville: Nelson Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Charles Dyer is an associate pastor and a Bible professor … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Trade, Milo, Media, Health Care, DeVos, Alan Colmes, the Progressive Pro-Lifers, and More
Time for my weekly Current Events Write-Up, in which I link to news and opinion pieces and comment on them. Dallas News: The first casualties of Trump’s trade wars are Texas cattle ranchers, by Richard Parker. “Free trade” has its … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Jesus Memoirs:
Richard Burridge’s What are the Gospels: A Comparison with Graeco-Roman Biography (Cambridge University Press, 1992) is probably the main reason why the majority opinion of New Testament scholars think that the Gospels were ancient bibliographies.…
Ed Rocha. Angels—God’s Supernatural Agents: Biblical Insights and True Stories of Angelic Encounters. Minneapolis: Chosen, 2017. See here to purchase the book. The “About the Author” section on Amazon states:”Ed Rocha has a theology degree from International Bible Institute of … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I watched John MacArthur’s service on the Internet, then I watched the service of the church that I normally attend. It was supposed to rain last Sunday morning, so I stayed home. But it turned out … Continue reading
Danielle Shroyer. Original Blessing: Putting Sin In Its Rightful Place. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. The “About the Author” page on Amazon says: “Danielle Shroyer is a sought-after speaker, respected pastor, and a founding member … Continue reading