Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- About Me
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
- Plague and providence — Triablogue
- Federalist: It’s Not The Federal Government’s Fault New York Doesn’t Have More Ventilators, It’s Andrew Cuomo’s
Monthly Archives: February 2017
Tessa Afshar. Bread of Angels. Tyndale House Publishers, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Bread of Angels concerns the events of Acts 16. In Acts 16, we meet Lydia, who sold purple. Lydia was a worshiper of God, probably … Continue reading
Charles Dyer and Mark Tobey. Clash of Kingdoms: What the Bible Says About Russia, Isis, Iran, and the End Times. Nashville: Nelson Books, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Charles Dyer is an associate pastor and a Bible professor … Continue reading
Current Events Write-Up: Trade, Milo, Media, Health Care, DeVos, Alan Colmes, the Progressive Pro-Lifers, and More
Time for my weekly Current Events Write-Up, in which I link to news and opinion pieces and comment on them. Dallas News: The first casualties of Trump’s trade wars are Texas cattle ranchers, by Richard Parker. “Free trade” has its … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Jesus Memoirs:
Richard Burridge’s What are the Gospels: A Comparison with Graeco-Roman Biography (Cambridge University Press, 1992) is probably the main reason why the majority opinion of New Testament scholars think that the Gospels were ancient bibliographies.…
Ed Rocha. Angels—God’s Supernatural Agents: Biblical Insights and True Stories of Angelic Encounters. Minneapolis: Chosen, 2017. See here to purchase the book. The “About the Author” section on Amazon states:”Ed Rocha has a theology degree from International Bible Institute of … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I watched John MacArthur’s service on the Internet, then I watched the service of the church that I normally attend. It was supposed to rain last Sunday morning, so I stayed home. But it turned out … Continue reading
Danielle Shroyer. Original Blessing: Putting Sin In Its Rightful Place. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. The “About the Author” page on Amazon says: “Danielle Shroyer is a sought-after speaker, respected pastor, and a founding member … Continue reading