Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Lord's Prayer, Booting the Quartos, Sabbath as Eden
- Book Write-Up: Institutional Intelligence
- EerdWord: Steward of God’s Mysteries
- Church Write-Up: The Law and Eternal Life
- What is Brotherly Love? (1 Thessalonians 4:9–10)
- Forgiveness…Once Again, by Paul D. Adams
- Murphy-O’Connor-Colossians: authentic and early
- Murphy-O’Connor-jail time in Ephesus
- Book Write-Up: Between One Faith and Another
- Book Review: The Cause Of All Nations
- R.I.P., Figabuddy
Daily Archives: January 28, 2017
Richard A. Taylor. Interpreting Apocalyptic Literature: An Exegetical Handbook. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Richard A. Taylor teaches Old Testament at Dallas Theological Seminary. Apocalyptic literature can include such features as visions, a human … Continue reading
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
In a previous post I included rabbinic literature as a possible source for the study of the Second Temple period. I hesitated to include this on my list and placed it last intentionally. I was…