Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Lord's Prayer, Booting the Quartos, Sabbath as Eden
- Book Write-Up: Institutional Intelligence
- EerdWord: Steward of God’s Mysteries
- Church Write-Up: The Law and Eternal Life
- What is Brotherly Love? (1 Thessalonians 4:9–10)
- Forgiveness…Once Again, by Paul D. Adams
- Murphy-O’Connor-Colossians: authentic and early
- Murphy-O’Connor-jail time in Ephesus
- Book Write-Up: Between One Faith and Another
- Book Review: The Cause Of All Nations
- R.I.P., Figabuddy
Daily Archives: January 4, 2017
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
? Religion in the Achaemenid Persian Empire. Edited by Diana Edelman, Anne Fitzpatrick-McKinley, and Philippe Guillaume. Tubingen, Germany: 2016, Mohr Siebeck, pp. 390. Following in the footsteps of the volume entitled Assessing Biblical and…
A Life Lived for Us: The Righteousness of God and the Vicarious Humanity of Christ in Wright, Torrance and the Reformation
Originally posted on Theologians, Inc.:
Deep within his Big Paul Book, N.T. Wright (foot)notes his disagreement with the classic Reformed doctrine of the active and passive obedience of Christ. More precisely: it’s not so much that he disagrees with the…
Benjamin H. Walton. Preaching Old Testament Narratives. Grand Rapids: Kregel Ministry, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Benjamin H. Walton has a D.Min. from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and has lectured at many Christian universities and seminaries. As the title … Continue reading