Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: Understanding Dispensationalists, by Vern Poythress
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Ben Sira's View of the Afterlife
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: December 2016
David Guretzki. An Explorer’s Guide to Karl Barth. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. I have read books by and about Karl Barth, the renowned Swiss theologian. To put myself on a spectrum, I would … Continue reading
Revelation Road is a 2013 Christian movie. David A.R. White plays Josh McManus, a traveling salesman with a violent past. Josh has a couple of tussles with a biker gang, and, in one tussle, he fights and kills assailants with … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Eleanor Roosevelt, Volume 3: The War Years and After,?Blanche Wiesen Cook. New York: Viking, 2016. Summary: The third and final volume in this biography of Eleanor Roosevelt, covering her advocacy, friendships, and relationship with…
Current Events Write-Up: Maverick Cabinet Picks, School Choice, Hillary Visited Working Class States, George Orwell, Etc.
Time for another week of news stories and opinion pieces! The Trump Cabinet Stephen Chapman’s column appears on Townhall, and he is usually a critic of Trump. He is praising Trump’s selection of Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State and … Continue reading
Jonathan Hoglund. Called by Triune Grace: Divine Rhetoric and the Effectual Call. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Called by Triune Grace, by Jonathan Hoglund, is relevant to the Calvinist concept of irresistible grace. For … Continue reading
At church last week, the main Scripture text was Matthew 2:12. Speaking about the magi who visited young Jesus, the passage states: “And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into … Continue reading
I watched the 2016 Christian movie, God’s Not Dead 2, on Amazon last night. God’s Not Dead 2 is the sequel to the 2014 movie God’s Not Dead. Here are some items. In the course of my commentary, I will … Continue reading
Andrew T. Abernethy. The Book of Isaiah and God’s Kingdom: A Thematic-Theological Approach. Downers Grove: Intervarsity Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Andrew T. Abernethy teaches Old Testament at Wheaton College. The Book of Isaiah and God’s Kingdom … Continue reading
R.C. Besteder. Adam: You Are Descended from Adam. What About Adam? Bloomington: WestBow, 2013. See here to buy the book. This book has reflections and musings about the primeval history in the Book of Genesis (Genesis 1-11). Overall, I found … Continue reading