Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI's Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Gerstenberger on Post-Exilic Psalms
- When the American Debate About Abortion Was Sane and Why that Changed
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Monthly Archives: October 2016
Adam J. Johnson. The Reconciling Wisdom of God: Reframing the Doctrine of the Atonement. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Adam J. Johnson has a Ph.D. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and is an instructor … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor preached about the Holy Spirit. Here are some items: A. The pastor said that the Holy Spirit is a person, but that many Christians do not talk as if he is a person. Rather, … Continue reading
A.W. Tozer. The Attributes of God: Volume 2: Deeper Into the Father’s Heart. Chicago: WingSpread Publishers (an imprint of Moody Publishers), 2015. See here to purchase the book. A.W. Tozer was a pastor and Christian author who lived from 1897 … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
In The Riddles of the Fourth Gospel, Paul N. Anderson says there were three periods during which the Gospel of John developed within a specific community: The Palestinian Period-30 to 70 CE The First Asia Minor…
Kathleen Fuller. A Love Made New. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2016. See here to buy the book. A Love Made New is the third book of the “Amish of Birch Creek” series. I did not read the first book of the … Continue reading
D.L. McCarragher. Mission Possible: Spiritual Covering. Believing for Your Husband’s Salvation. Alabaster Box Publishing, Inc., 2007, 2015. See here to buy the book. (The link is to the 2011 edition, which is cheaper.) Mission Possible: Spiritual Covering is for Christian … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I watched the service at home, since there were forecasts of heavy winds and rains. The pastor was preaching about the Epistle to the Hebrews, specifically its admonitions to the Jewish Christians to stay in the … Continue reading
Madeleine L’Engle. Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith & Art. Preface by Sara Zarr. New York: Convergent Books, 2016. See here to buy the book. Madeleine L’Engle is perhaps best known for her renowned children’s book, A Wrinkle in Time. … Continue reading
Christopher M. Hays, in collaboration with Brandon Gallaher, Julia S. Konstantinovsky, Richard J. Ounsworth, and C.A. Strine. When the Son of Man Didn’t Come: A Constructive Proposal on the Delay of the Parousia. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2016. See here to … Continue reading