Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Ramblings on Jeremiah 30:21: The Prince Who Dares (Or Engages His Heart) to Approach God
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Ramblings on The Devil's Advocate and Demons Being Unafraid of the Bible
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
Monthly Archives: October 2016
Adam J. Johnson. The Reconciling Wisdom of God: Reframing the Doctrine of the Atonement. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Adam J. Johnson has a Ph.D. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and is an instructor … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor preached about the Holy Spirit. Here are some items: A. The pastor said that the Holy Spirit is a person, but that many Christians do not talk as if he is a person. Rather, … Continue reading
A.W. Tozer. The Attributes of God: Volume 2: Deeper Into the Father’s Heart. Chicago: WingSpread Publishers (an imprint of Moody Publishers), 2015. See here to purchase the book. A.W. Tozer was a pastor and Christian author who lived from 1897 … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
In The Riddles of the Fourth Gospel, Paul N. Anderson says there were three periods during which the Gospel of John developed within a specific community: The Palestinian Period-30 to 70 CE The First Asia Minor…
Kathleen Fuller. A Love Made New. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2016. See here to buy the book. A Love Made New is the third book of the “Amish of Birch Creek” series. I did not read the first book of the … Continue reading
D.L. McCarragher. Mission Possible: Spiritual Covering. Believing for Your Husband’s Salvation. Alabaster Box Publishing, Inc., 2007, 2015. See here to buy the book. (The link is to the 2011 edition, which is cheaper.) Mission Possible: Spiritual Covering is for Christian … Continue reading
For church last Sunday, I watched the service at home, since there were forecasts of heavy winds and rains. The pastor was preaching about the Epistle to the Hebrews, specifically its admonitions to the Jewish Christians to stay in the … Continue reading
Madeleine L’Engle. Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith & Art. Preface by Sara Zarr. New York: Convergent Books, 2016. See here to buy the book. Madeleine L’Engle is perhaps best known for her renowned children’s book, A Wrinkle in Time. … Continue reading
Christopher M. Hays, in collaboration with Brandon Gallaher, Julia S. Konstantinovsky, Richard J. Ounsworth, and C.A. Strine. When the Son of Man Didn’t Come: A Constructive Proposal on the Delay of the Parousia. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2016. See here to … Continue reading