Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Beale's Amillennialism Contra N.T. Wright
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: September 2016
At church last week, the pastor was talking about the second coming of Christ. He focused on Matthew 24:36-39, which states (in the KJV): “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but … Continue reading
David E. Alexander and Daniel M. Johnson, ed. Calvinism and the Problem of Evil. Eugene: Pickwick Publications (an Imprint of Wipf and Stock), 2016. See here to purchase the book. Calvinism is a Christian belief system that holds that God, … Continue reading
Dave Neuendorf. The Summoned King: Book One of the Kalymbrian Chronicles. 2016. See here to purchase the book. The Summoned King is a Christian fantasy book. High school student James Madison Young ends up in the fictional country of Kalymbria … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
The main and most interesting part of Aaron Milavec’s The Didache is the commentary. His subtitle is Text, Translation, Analysis, and Commentary. I had expected the analysis in a separate section, but what he means by analysis is…
Beverly Lewis. The Wish. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2016. See here to purchase the book. The Wish is the latest Amish fiction novel by Beverly Lewis. It is largely set in Lancaster County, where there is a sizeable Amish community. … Continue reading
Julius Buchanan. Sunlight: Acts of the United Sceptres, Book One. Julius Buchanan, 2015. See here to purchase the book. The back cover of this book says that Julius Buchanan “writes fantasy novels that drill into the deep questions of life … Continue reading
Some of you may be coming here from Gavin Rumney’s blog. Gavin referred to my recent write-up about the Book of Mormon. You can read my post about the Book of Mormon here. Now for my church write-up! I attend … Continue reading
I recently finished the Book of Mormon! Here are some thoughts: A. Let’s start with a summary of what the Book of Mormon is about. Jerusalem is about to be destroyed by the Babylonians in the sixth century B.C.E.. Lehi, … Continue reading
Michael Kazin. War Against War: The American Fight for Peace, 1914-1918. Simon and Schuster, 2017. See here to purchase the book. Michael Kazin teaches history at Georgetown University and co-edits the publication Dissent. War Against War: The American Fight for … Continue reading
Erwin W. Lutzer. He Will Be the Preacher: The Story of God’s Providence in My Life. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. Erwin W. Lutzer pastors the Moody Church in Chicago, and he has written a … Continue reading