Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: August 27, 2016
Book Write-Up: An Amish Harvest
An Amish Harvest: Four Novellas. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2016. See here to buy the book. As the title indicates, this book has four novellas. Each is by a well-known author in the field of Amish fiction. In this review, I … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Book Write-Up: An Amish Harvest
Humility and Limitations
At church last Sunday, the pastor preached about humility. He has been going through the Book of James, and his text last Sunday was James 4:13-15. In that passage, James criticizes people who have grandiose plans about what they are … Continue reading