Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Nugget Christianity; Right, Yet Sinful
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Conservatism and Distributism
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
Monthly Archives: August 2016
At church last week, the pastor was preaching about James 5:1-6. In that passage, James criticizes the rich people who hoarded their wealth, lived in luxury while depriving their workers of pay, and condemned the just one to death. The … Continue reading
Bob Santos. The Touchpoint: Connecting with God Through the Bible. Indiana, PA: Search for Me Ministries, Inc., 2016. See here to purchase the book. I read and reviewed Bob Santos’ The Divine Progression of Grace over a year ago and … Continue reading
Derek Leman was a Messianic rabbi, and I have been subscribing to his Daily D’var for years. Now it is called the “Daily Portion.” In his August 27, 2016 Daily Portion, Derek addresses Acts 4:12. Acts 4:12 is a famous … Continue reading
An Amish Harvest: Four Novellas. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2016. See here to buy the book. As the title indicates, this book has four novellas. Each is by a well-known author in the field of Amish fiction. In this review, I … Continue reading
At church last Sunday, the pastor preached about humility. He has been going through the Book of James, and his text last Sunday was James 4:13-15. In that passage, James criticizes people who have grandiose plans about what they are … Continue reading
Gerald W. Peterman and Andrew J. Schmutzer. Between Pain & Grace: A Biblical Theology of Suffering. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Gerald W. Peterman and Andrew J. Schmutzer teach Bible at the Moody Bible Institute. … Continue reading
Donald Arlo Jennings. Genesis Revisited: The Creation. Bloomington: WestBow Press, 2013. See here to buy the book. Donald Arlo Jennings has a Ph.D. in Management Information Systems and has written about healthcare technology. In Genesis Revisited, Jennings attempts to answer … Continue reading
Morgan Guyton. How Jesus Saves the World from Us: 12 Antidotes to Toxic Christianity. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2016. See here to purchase the book. Morgan Guyton blogs at the “Mercy Not Sacrifice” blog at Patheos and has written … Continue reading
John Dickson. A Doubter’s Guide to the Ten Commandments: How, For Better or Worse, Our Ideas About the Good Life Come from Moses and Jesus. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2016. See here to buy the book. John Dickson has a Ph.D. … Continue reading