Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- How “Case for Christ” Author Lee Strobel Fabricated His Best-Selling Story—An Interview with Religion Critic David Fitzgerald
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Tim Keller's Two Gospels?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: May 2, 2016
Mark A. Tietjen. Kierkegaard: A Christian Missionary to Christians. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. Soren Kierkegaard was a nineteenth century Danish Christian philosopher. Kierkegaard had problems with the Christendom of his day, for he … Continue reading
N.T. Wright. Justification: God’s Plan and Paul’s Vision. With a New Introduction. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. This book is a 2016 reprint of N.T. Wright’s 2009 book on justification. It has a new … Continue reading
Abraham Kuyper. Common Grace: God’s Gifts for a Fallen World. Volume I: The Historical Section. Ed. Jordan J. Ballor and Stephen J. Grabill. Transl. Nelson D. Kloosterman and Ed M. van der Maas. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016. See here … Continue reading
Shao Kai Tseng. Karl Barth’s Infralapsarian Theology: Origins and Development, 1920-1953. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to purchase the book. The twentieth century Christian theologian Karl Barth professed to be a purified supralapsarian. Shao Kai Tseng, however, contends … Continue reading
Roberta Kells Dorr. The Queen of Sheba. HarperSanFrancisco, 1990. In I Kings 10:1-13, the Queen of Sheba visits King Solomon of Israel. She has heard of Solomon’s wealth and wisdom, and she is coming to Solomon to see if the … Continue reading