Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Tim Keller's Two Gospels?
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- About Me
- George MacDonald on Witnessing, Atonement
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Monthly Archives: May 2016
Elizabeth Camden. From This Moment. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2016. See here to buy the book. From This Moment is set in the nineteenth century. Romulus White is the editor of a well-respected scientific magazine that is published in Boston. … Continue reading
Dr. John F. Shackelford. Knowing Yourself Knowing God: From an Ego-Run-Life to a God-Run-Life. 2015. See here to buy the book. John F. Shackelford is a licensed psychologist. He has a degree from the Rosemead School of Psychology at Biola … Continue reading
Early in May, Rachel Maddow interviewed Bernie Sanders in Burlington, Vermont. Maddow asked Sanders how his vast array of support could be marshaled into a political movement after the election. She drew a comparison with Pat Robertson’s candidacy in 1988. … Continue reading
Last Sunday, I visited a non-denominational evangelical church. This church is doing a series on disappointment. It showed a scene from the movie Bruce Almighty in which Bruce is at Niagra Falls and learns on live TV that he did … Continue reading
Reading Acts Collins, John C. Apocalypse, Prophecy, and Pseudepigraphy: On Jewish Apocalyptic Literature. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 2015. 399 pp. Pb; $34. Link to Eerdmans Apocalypse, Prophecy, and Pseudepigraphy collects nineteen essays published by Collins in various journals and … Continue reading
Reading Acts The book known today as 1 Enoch not a single book, but rather a series of short books written over a period of time. They share some themes and interests, most obviously revelations given to Enoch. Since four … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Book of Doctrines and Opinions::
One of my favorite articles by Prof. Benjamin Brown of Hebrew University has recently been translated and revised. It was first given in 2006 and here it is online a decade…
Jeremy Griffith. Freedom: The End of the Human Condition. Sydney, Australia: WTM Publishing, 2016. See here to buy the book. Jeremy Griffith is an Australian biologist. This book and his treatise have been recommended by a number of academics. Harry … Continue reading
A.W. Tozer. The Counselor. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. A.W. Tozer was a pastor and Christian author who lived from 1897 to 1963. I have seen him quoted numerous times. I have finally read a … Continue reading