Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- About Me
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 14, 2016
Leavened and Unleavened Bread in Philo’s Special Laws I-II
I have been reading Philo’s Special Laws. Philo was a first century C.E. Jewish exegete in Alexandria, Egypt. He interpreted the Torah in light of Greek philosophy. In Special Laws, he attempts to give a rationale for various laws in … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Daily Quiet Time, Religion Comments Off on Leavened and Unleavened Bread in Philo’s Special Laws I-II
What about those who haven’t heard? – Part 1 of a Case Study on Religious Pluralism from Lew Wallace’s “Ben Hur”
Originally posted on J.W. Wartick – Reconstructing Faith:
A beautiful cover for an edition of Ben Hur- I was unable to locate the exact copyright information. Ben Hur is one of my all-time favorite novels. There are many issues related…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on What about those who haven’t heard? – Part 1 of a Case Study on Religious Pluralism from Lew Wallace’s “Ben Hur”