Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Amos 6:10
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Monthly Archives: March 2016
“For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40). I was talking with a man on … Continue reading
I’ll make no secret about it: There are things Christians say that I do not find all that helpful. Actually, I find them paralyzing when it comes to living the spiritual life. This is particularly the case when it comes … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
Sometimes it is good to read people whose theology you do not share. I recently found an online version of an article I had read long ago. The first thing I noticed was that as a…
Graham Hill. Global Church: Reshaping Our Conversations, Renewing Our Mission, Revitalizing Our Churches. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. Most Christians today live, not in the West, but in the Majority World: Africa, Asia, and … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
Beate Pongratz-Leisten. Religion and Ideology in Assyria. SANER, Vol. 6. Berlin: de Gruyter, 2015, pp. 553, $154 (de Gruyter). *I’d like to express my gratitude to de Gruyter for providing me with a review…
In this post, I will use as my starting-point something that Philo of Alexandria says in Special Laws IV:109. Philo of Alexandria was a first century Hellenistic Jewish thinker. Special Laws IV:109 is part of Philo’s larger discussion about the … Continue reading
Originally posted on J.W. Wartick – Reconstructing Faith:
I was visiting a United Methodist Church and the pastor preached on the doctrine of sanctification. She referenced the affirmation within the Methodist church that Christians can receive perfection in this…
I have three items for my write-up on church this morning. Since today is Easter Sunday, the sermon was about Jesus’ resurrection. The pastor focused on the story in Luke 24. A. The pastor referred to the Jewish concept of … Continue reading