Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- About Me
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Book Write-Up: Faith of My Fathers, by Lynn Austin
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
- Plague and providence — Triablogue
- Federalist: It’s Not The Federal Government’s Fault New York Doesn’t Have More Ventilators, It’s Andrew Cuomo’s
Daily Archives: February 16, 2016
Mesu Andrews. The Pharaoh’s Daughter. Waterbrook Press, 2015. See here to buy the book. Waring: Spoilers ahead! This is the first Mesu Andrews novel that I’ve read. I’ve been wanting to read it for a while. I decided to check … Continue reading
Originally posted on Εις Δοξαν:
The Romans and Their World: A Short Introduction by Brian Campbell Yale University Press | Amazon | Barnes & Noble So much can be and has been said about one of history’s most formidable entities. Thankfully, Brian…
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
Yair Lorberbaum. In God’s Image: Myth, Theology, and Law in Classical Judaism. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press, 2015, 339 pp., $99 (hardback). Yair Lorberbaum (Faculty of Law at Bar-Ilan University) completed his doctoral…