Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Music in The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Book Write-Up: The Abomination of Desolation in Biblical Eschatology
- Christian Actors
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: Young Man Luther, by Erik H. Erikson
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
- Book Write-Ups: Strike from Space, Ambush at Vladivostok (Phyllis Schlafly)
Daily Archives: December 28, 2015
Warren Austin Gage and Leah Grace Gage. Milestones to Emmaus: The Third Day Resurrection in the Old Testament. Fort Lauderdale: St. Andrews House, 2015. See here to buy the book. The title of this book alludes to a story in … Continue reading
Originally posted on TheoThoughts:
I’ve been a Christian for a long time. I came to faith in Christ my freshman year in college, 1982. I was pretty pumped up initially. I read the Bible like crazy, rarely missed church, bible…
Book Review (part 15: The Oral Jesus Traditions within the Second Century CE) – ‘Neither Jew nor Greek’ by James D.G. Dunn
Originally posted on The Dustin Martyr Blog:
In this fifteenth post regarding my recap/review of James Dunn’s volume Neither Jew nor Greek I will attempt to summarize his 100+ page (!) research regarding how the second century Christians sources handled the oral…
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I have been reading a paper by Israeli archeologist, Avraham Faust: The Farmstead in the Highlands of Iron Age II Israel. Iron Age II would include the late preexilic period in Samaria and Judah. He has suggestions that…
Originally posted on THINKAPOLOGETICS.COM:
Behind the Gospels: Understanding the Oral Tradition by Eric Eve, Fortress Press; Reprint edition (July 1, 2014), 224 pp. Even though the Christian can always offer certain dates for the Gospels, it should remembered that there…