Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Did the Ancients Interpret Their Cosmologies Literally?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Daily Archives: December 6, 2015
The service at church this morning revolved around John the Baptist preparing the way for Jesus. The pastor preached on Luke 3:1-18. We sang a worship song, “Here Is Our King.” The song talked about spring arriving and healing the … Continue reading
http://christthetao.blogspot.com/2015/12/bart-ehrman-scams-his-students.html Note: I don’t endorse the post’s provocative title, but the post itself is an informative evaluation of Ehrman’s argument.
Yesterday, Derek Rishmawy posted some comments about the troubling story in II Kings 2 about God sending she-bears to maul young people who were mocking the prophet Elisha. Jamie Duguid left an informative comment under Derek’s post about that story, … Continue reading
“Stories from Ancient Canaan, Second Edition” Edited and Translated by Michael Coogan and Mark Smith
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
Michael D. Coogan and Mark S. Smith (editors and translators). Stories from Ancient Canaan, 2nd Edition. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2012, 192 pp., $26.00 (paperback). *I would like to express my gratitude…