Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on the Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Original Blessing, by Danielle Shroyer
- Book Write-Up (Loosely-Speaking): The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man, by Robert M. Price
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- II Maccabees 12, Purgatory, Catholicism, Idolatry
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- When is a parallel a real parallel and not parallelomania? — Vridar
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Daily Archives: December 6, 2015
The service at church this morning revolved around John the Baptist preparing the way for Jesus. The pastor preached on Luke 3:1-18. We sang a worship song, “Here Is Our King.” The song talked about spring arriving and healing the … Continue reading
http://christthetao.blogspot.com/2015/12/bart-ehrman-scams-his-students.html Note: I don’t endorse the post’s provocative title, but the post itself is an informative evaluation of Ehrman’s argument.
Yesterday, Derek Rishmawy posted some comments about the troubling story in II Kings 2 about God sending she-bears to maul young people who were mocking the prophet Elisha. Jamie Duguid left an informative comment under Derek’s post about that story, … Continue reading
“Stories from Ancient Canaan, Second Edition” Edited and Translated by Michael Coogan and Mark Smith
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
Michael D. Coogan and Mark S. Smith (editors and translators). Stories from Ancient Canaan, 2nd Edition. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2012, 192 pp., $26.00 (paperback). *I would like to express my gratitude…