Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Veterans' Day
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: December 2, 2015
A few nights ago, I watched The O.J. Simpson Story, a 1995 made-for-TV movie about O.J. Simpson. Last night, I watched the Emmy-nominated episode “Five-O” of the series Better Call Saul, which is a spin-off of the popular Breaking Bad … Continue reading
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
Edwards, Ruth B. Discovering John: Content, Interpretation, Reception. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 2015. 272 pp. Pb; $22. Link to Eerdmans This book joins Ian Boxall’s Discovering Matthew as the first volumes of a new (or…
Originally posted on WINTERY KNIGHT:
Apologetics and the progress of science First, let’s hear prominent atheist P. Z. Myers, who believes in Darwinism, explain why he thinks that the appendix is a useless vestigial organ leftover from an unguided, random…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
This Sunday, November 29, was the birthday of C. S. Lewis. It’s an easy day to remember because it is also my brother’s birthday and my son’s anniversary. What is interesting to me is…
Originally posted on Is That in the Bible?:
One of many puzzling passages that anyone reading the Bible from the beginning is soon confronted with a story in which the flood hero Noah gets drunk and falls asleep naked—and which…
Originally posted on Cruciform Theology:
I was invited to say a few words at a funeral recently. I was not very close to the family – which made it both an honor to be invited and also meant that I…
Ed Shaw. Same-Sex Attraction and the Church: The Surprising Plausibility of the Celibate Life. Downers Grove: IVP Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Ed Shaw is a pastor in Bristol, England. He has same-sex attraction, but he believes … Continue reading