Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- The Death Penalty
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- I Watched Gandhi Last Night
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: November 30, 2015
A. Chadwick Thornhill. The Chosen People: Election, Paul and Second Temple Judaism. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In the New Testament, there is talk about election and God choosing people before the foundation of … Continue reading
Originally posted on 500 Questions about God & Christianity:
As we’ve seen, nature’s extremes can yield clues about whether evolution, or intelligent design, best explains the design choices we observe in nature. The long neck of the giraffe is no exception,…
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
Generally I post Pseudepigrapha Saturday on Saturdays. Unfortunately, due to the business of #AARSBL15 and thanksgiving time, I have been unable to post it. Well, now I present you with the exclusive “Belated Edition”…
Originally posted on The Dustin Martyr Blog:
This is the fifth installment of my recap/review of Dunn’s newest volume, Neither Jew nor Greek. After finishing up his discussion on introductory issues regarding the four Canonical Gospels, Dunn turns to the remaining NT…
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
In some recent studies of early expressions of Jesus-devotion, there are some issues that need clarification. One of these recent studies is Iesus Deus: The Early Christian Depiction of Jesus as a Mediterranean God, by…