Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The "We-Passages"
- St. Francis of Assisi and the Three Robbers
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: November 27, 2015
Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: “The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan”
I am reading “The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan” for my daily quiet time. This is a Christian work that probably dates from the fifth century C.E. to the ninth century C.E. Did Adam and Eve in the … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Religion, Uncategorized Tagged Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan, Holy Spirit, natural theology Comments Off on Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: “The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan”
“Prophetic Literature: From Oracles to Books” by Ronald L. Troxel
Originally posted on The Biblical Review:
Ronald L. Troxel. Prophetic Literature: From Oracles to Books. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2012, 288 pp., $39.95 (paperback). Ronald L. Troxel (Professor of Hebrew at the University of Wisconsin-Madison) provides a succinct, clear, and praiseworthy…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on “Prophetic Literature: From Oracles to Books” by Ronald L. Troxel
Book Review (part 3) – ‘Neither Jew nor Greek’ by James D.G. Dunn
Originally posted on The Dustin Martyr Blog:
In this third installment of my ongoing series of reviews and recaps of Dunn’s newest volume Neither Jew nor Greek: A Contested Identity I will examine the beginning of chapter thirty-nine. This chapter focuses on…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Book Review (part 3) – ‘Neither Jew nor Greek’ by James D.G. Dunn