Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Death Penalty
- About Me
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- II Kings 2
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Athanasius and Calvin on Nocturnal Emissions
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
- Colossians and Gnosticism, Talents as Forgiveness, Rebels and Exiles, Resurrecting Justice
Daily Archives: October 17, 2015
I’m reblogging too much today, but this post was too good to pass up!
Reblogging for the information. Reading Acts Paul has a kind of zero-tolerance policy for divisions in the church, the issue covered in the first four chapters 1 Corinthians. In chapters 5-6 he deals with a series of related issues which … Continue reading
I found this post useful because I am about to review Archie Spencer’s The Analogy of Faith, which addresses some of the same issues. https://growrag.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/the-three-forms-of-natural-theology-for-the-post-reformed-orthodox-and-even-evangelicals/
Reading Acts Paul states clearly the sin in the church at Corinth is so bad even the Romans would consider it wrong. Why is the immoral man committing a sin like this? Most scholars thinks money is the main issue. … Continue reading
Reblogging for the information. Reading Acts Paul’s solution is simple: expel/purge the sinful man from the congregation (5:4-5). As far as Paul is concerned, the man already stands condemned. Don Garland points out the perfect tense verb (κέκρικα) implies Paul … Continue reading
Lynn Austin. On This Foundation. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. On This Foundation is the third novel of Lynn Austin’s Restoration Chronicles, which is about Israel after the exile. One can read, understand, and … Continue reading