Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Things That Differ, by Cornelius R. Stam
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Student and Scholar Spotlight: Dr. Douglas Boin
- Lessons on Love from The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 3, 2015
Michael Kok, “The Gospel on the Margins: The Reception of Mark in the Second Century”
Originally posted on Κέλσος:
Recently NT scholar and fellow blogger Michael Kok (Ph.D. in Biblical Studies, University of Sheffield) sent me a copy of a his newly published book–The Gospel on the Margins: The Reception of Mark in the Second Century–for me to…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Michael Kok, “The Gospel on the Margins: The Reception of Mark in the Second Century”
Who were the first human beings?
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Who were the first human beings?
Book Write-Up: The Hindus, by Wendy Doniger
Wendy Doniger. The Hindus: An Alternative History. Penguin Books, 2009. See here to buy the book. The Hindus: An Alternative History is a diachronic study of Hinduism that highlights the complexity and diversity of the religion. Many non-Hindu Westerners have … Continue reading
Posted in Hinduism, Religion Tagged Hinduism, Religion, Wendy Doniger Comments Off on Book Write-Up: The Hindus, by Wendy Doniger
I don’t believe in ‘good people,’ but I believe in goodness
Sarahbeth Caplin When Miley Cyrus appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show wearing pasties, Kimmel asked her what her father would think of that outfit choice. Cyrus replied, ““My dad’s cool because I’m sure he’d maybe rather not have me have … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on I don’t believe in ‘good people,’ but I believe in goodness