Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Book Write-Up: Things That Differ, by Cornelius R. Stam
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The Death Penalty
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 1, 2015
GTA, Mary Magdalene, and the Last Temptation of Christ
I forgot something in my blog post yesterday about Robert Price’s The Da Vinci Fraud. On page 36, Price states: “Was something going on between Jesus and Mary Magdalene? You don’t have to read the Gospel of Philip to suspect … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Movies, Religion Tagged ewan mcgregor, Garner Ted Armstrong, Last Temptation of Christ, Robert Price Comments Off on GTA, Mary Magdalene, and the Last Temptation of Christ
The Jerusalem Council: More Law, Random Rules, or Something Else?
Originally posted on Reformedish:
One of the key interpretive puzzles in the book of Acts comes towards the end of chapter 15 with the famous decision of the Jerusalem Council on the inclusion of the Gentiles. Jesus’ commission to the…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on The Jerusalem Council: More Law, Random Rules, or Something Else?
An Anarchist Reading of Romans 13; Lloyd Pietersen
Originally posted on Newman Research Centre for the Bible and its Reception:
The keynote session of the 2015 Newman Research Centre for the Bible and its Reception conference (Dead Letters and Living Words) was given by Dr Lloyd Pietersen who presented a…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on An Anarchist Reading of Romans 13; Lloyd Pietersen
How Does Dr. Constantine Campbell Keep his Greek?
and Hebrew, and Aramaic, and Syriac, and German, and French, and… Budding biblical scholars are often daunted by the prospect of learning and maintaining at least four languages. Dr. Constantine Campbell concludes Keep Your Greek: Strategies for Busy People by…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on How Does Dr. Constantine Campbell Keep his Greek?