Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Shepherd of Hermas on Divorce
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Book Write-Up: Eve's Daughters, by Lynn Austin
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- About Me
- Ramblings on Jeremiah 30:21: The Prince Who Dares (Or Engages His Heart) to Approach God
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Daily Archives: August 17, 2015
My church finished its Sunday School class on the United Methodist Church’s Social Principles a few Sundays ago. Here are three items: The pastor was commenting on welfare. She was responding to people who say that the American welfare system … Continue reading
Originally posted on Is That in the Bible?:
German theologian Rudolf Bultmann, in his famous and still widely cited commentary on John, wrote many decades ago: The thesis has been represented, occasionally even in very early times but strongly from…
Originally posted on A Pilgrim in Narnia:
This week we are celebrating the 70th anniversary of the publication of That Hideous Strength (THS). While George Orwell’s 1984 is considered among the great 20th c. dystopian novels and C.S. Lewis’ THS is read mostly…
Definitely appreciate the advice about how to act at conferences.