Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Farewell to God, by Charles Templeton
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Book Write-Up: Biblical Hermeneutics, Five Views
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Psalm 120
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
Daily Archives: August 17, 2015
My church finished its Sunday School class on the United Methodist Church’s Social Principles a few Sundays ago. Here are three items: The pastor was commenting on welfare. She was responding to people who say that the American welfare system … Continue reading
Originally posted on Is That in the Bible?:
German theologian Rudolf Bultmann, in his famous and still widely cited commentary on John, wrote many decades ago: The thesis has been represented, occasionally even in very early times but strongly from…
Originally posted on A Pilgrim in Narnia:
This week we are celebrating the 70th anniversary of the publication of That Hideous Strength (THS). While George Orwell’s 1984 is considered among the great 20th c. dystopian novels and C.S. Lewis’ THS is read mostly…
Definitely appreciate the advice about how to act at conferences.