Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- A Wind in the Door
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: August 17, 2015
My church finished its Sunday School class on the United Methodist Church’s Social Principles a few Sundays ago. Here are three items: The pastor was commenting on welfare. She was responding to people who say that the American welfare system … Continue reading
Originally posted on Is That in the Bible?:
German theologian Rudolf Bultmann, in his famous and still widely cited commentary on John, wrote many decades ago: The thesis has been represented, occasionally even in very early times but strongly from…
Originally posted on A Pilgrim in Narnia:
This week we are celebrating the 70th anniversary of the publication of That Hideous Strength (THS). While George Orwell’s 1984 is considered among the great 20th c. dystopian novels and C.S. Lewis’ THS is read mostly…
Definitely appreciate the advice about how to act at conferences.